Monday 16 May 2016

Weekend Getaway

We spent the weekend in the beautiful city of Indianapolis, Indiana. Mr. Handsome had a continuing education class there, and I went along for the ride.

Have any of you been to Indianapolis? I never had, but it turned out to be a wonderful place with a lot of rich history.

When we first arrived, we drove past the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in the center of the city. On Sunday afternoon before leaving, we decided to go see it up close and discovered that there was an observation deck on the very top.


I was eager to go up there, and although Mr. Handsome was tired and ready to get on the road, he agreed to go with me. You can either pay $2 a person to take the elevator or walk up all 330 stairs for free. Being the frugal folks that we are, we took the free route, and oh my was it challenging!

Even though the observation deck was no higher than our 15th-floor hotel room, it was still a neat experience and provided a beautiful view of the city. But I would not recommend it to people who are claustrophobic. It was quite cramped in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment